Vipe’s customer TPI Staffing was recently featured on Fox News for using videos of their candidates to help get them placed. Clients and candidates alike were interviewed as part of the segment. Click the image below to view the video on the TPI Staffing website (you can also view the video by clicking here).
Clients found the video helped streamline the hiring process and candidates enjoyed how the short video helped them capture the attention of their prospective employer. Congratulations TPI Staffing on making the news for helping put Americans back to work!
I’m excited to be the guest speaker for Tricom Funding’s “Industry Insider” webinar series next Thursday February 22nd! I’ll be taking a skydiving approach discussing high level concepts and then diving into the details required to effectively and efficiently use video as a staffing company.
When – Thursday February 22nd 11am PST / 2pm EST.
Where – Register here: http://www.tricom.com/webinar
Who – Staffing companies interested in learning whether or not video makes sense to your business.
Did you know that Internet video represented 40% of consumer Internet traffic in 2010 and is expected to grow to 90% by 2015? Buyer behavior on the Internet is changing — where do you and your staffing company fit in? Join Tricom Funding and Vipe Inc for our February edition of the Industry Insider webinar series. We’ll uncover the four secrets to making a successful video that produces results, including:
- The pros and cons of YouTube videos for business
- The value of video for staffing companies
- The “devil in the details” as it relates to getting started with video
- How to successfully incorporate video into your email marketing
By the end of this session, you’ll have the knowledge and resources you need to begin using video to build your company’s image, while capturing the attention of your customers.
I’m thrilled to be a guest speaker for this month’s “Lunch with Haley” webinar on Thursday January 19th at 11am PST / 2pm EST. Hosted by Haley Marketing, the world’s largest marketing firm dedicated to servicing the staffing and recruiting industries, this webinar is designed to be an educational session about business video.
Ever dream of channeling Steven Spielberg or Martin Scorsese in order to create a high quality video for your business?
Well, it doesn’t take a Hollywood production team to create professional videos for your business! In fact, you can create professional and compelling videos to fit your business in no time at all.
But how can you incorporate video into your sales and marketing, and better yet, where do you begin?
Join us and special guest presenter, Adam Peterson, from VIPE, Thursday, January 19, 2012 for:
Business Video Can Be So Damn Frustrating!
What you need to know to make video produce results for you. In this 60 minute presentation, you’ll uncover the four secrets to making a successful video that produces results.
You’ll also learn:
1. The pros and cons of YouTube videos for business
2. The value of video: Is your firm not only providing great candidates but also a great process (on both the marketing and fulfillment sides of the business)?
3. What are the “devil in the details” as it relates to getting started with video?
4. How to successfully incorporate video into your email marketing.
For more details, and to reserve your seat, visit:
Finishing up a wonderful 2011, we thought it appropriate to put together a video to thank everyone for such a great year. What better type of video than to share a few lessons we learned over the year?
Top 5 Video Lessons from 2011
3 months ago an article I wrote about the Past, Present, and Future of Enterprise Video was published on ReelSEO.com. Today I’m happy to announce the next evolution of the future of business video is becoming a reality.
In the article I discussed how video has evolved from television to website publishing – as represented by the successes of YouTube and Brightcove.com. The primary indicators for the future are represented by:
- Individuals within organizations beginning to send videos to customers and prospects, however, no systems to track, control, and evaluate this type of use are available.
- Outside of the video world but still within marketing’s realm, marketers are experiencing a trend of increased accountability for pipeline prediction and higher demand for qualified leads passed to sales. This trend is observed in the fast growing “marketing automation” industry.
If both of these behaviors continue to be more than a fad, but a legitimate trend, there will be a requirement for a new type of system: a system to enable and control how individuals are utilizing video, while also communicating data to marketers and administrators who can track and evaluate video effectiveness.
3rd party marketers like John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing are observing similar trends. In his article 5 Trends that will Shape Small Business in 2012, he says “I believe you will see a lot of content, social media-driven and otherwise, that is designed to convert rather than to simply inform.”
Today I’m thrilled to announce new features, capabilities, and even a new website designed to address these trends, bringing the future of business video to a reality of today: www.vipecloud.com. New capabilities include advanced private sharing, importing videos from YouTube, and an analytic engine providing unbeatable insights like tracking social network effectiveness.
This exciting development comes with only positive impact to Vipe’s existing customers, helping existing and new users alike make the future of business video a reality of today.
Register today at www.vipecloud.com to stay up to date about our beta program. Share your custom URL with friends and colleagues to win an iPad 2, Kindle, or iTunes gift certificate!
November 2-4 I was in Phoenix for the annual TechServe Alliance (TSA) conference. TSA is a staffing association focused specifically on IT Staffing. The event was extremely well run, with attendees, speakers, and vendors all providing positive feedback to the executive planning committee.
A few notes from the conference:
IT Staffing is Up
- Attendance was up 41% over last year and the general vibe was very positive.
- Finding skilled talent is more of a challenge than finding job orders.
- As of October, the IT Employment Index is up 0.17% from September 2011, and up 2.21% from October 2010.
- IT Staffing has had ~23 consecutive months of growth as an industry
There is a Shortage of Qualified Talent
Carl Camden, CEO of Kelly Services, gave an authoritative keynote discussing major challenges facing the staffing industry as a whole in the coming decade. He challenged the audience of ~500 IT Staffing decision makers to think longer term than the next job order. To focus on becoming a strategic partner in workforce planning.
In his opinion, the next 10 years will determine if staffing becomes a commodity or an integral part of “Talent Supply Chain Management.” He posed the following question: when a client calls you up to staff a new manufacturing plant in Indonesia, were you part of the planning committee to determine Indonesia as a location due to available talent, or is your role that of reacting to the new order?
A few stats he shared:
- There are 9 million unemployed people in the US.
- There are 2.5 million jobs that cannot be filled due to an unqualified workforce. (cannot be filled = open for more than 60 days).
- There are 600,000 un-fillable manufacturing jobs due to unskilled talent.
- The number of STEM graduates (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) has reduced dramatically over the past 10 years.
- By 2020 we will need 1 million more STEM college grads and our current pace will not fulfill that need.
Like it or not, Social Media is a necessary expense in your business
Jennifer Abernathy (@SalesLounge) gave a great talk about the current and future opportunities in social media. There is a LOT going on out there and for better or worse, companies will need to participate in order to engage the new workforce and standard consumer behaviors of today.
In my opinion, the addition of social media to the operations of an organization, is similar to the evolution of advertising and sales, into marketing and sales a few years back. Marketing became an independent entity responsible (and accountable) for advertising AND lead generation. Now, social media, is becoming an independent entity within marketing as the “incubator of relationships.” To make things even more complicated, social media is trying to find a role in sales as well.
Nonetheless, Jennifer provided lots of takeaway gems:
- Make sure you get a Twitter handle (@companyname) for your company. Whether or not you use it today, you should own it.
- Same with a .tv URL.
- Video will be a requirement in 2012.
- Begin planning mobile marketing initiatives (and collecting mobile numbers).
- One major upcoming trend is mobile commerce, or mCommerce.
- Make sure your LinkedIn professional headline is descriptive (not just title).
- Add your web address and phone number to your LinkedIn summary – in addition to other keyword terms relevant to your business. Your LinkedIn summary is searchable by Google.
Last but definitely not least!
There were many more incredible talks. Barb Bruno (www.goodasgoldtraining.com) gave a home run presentation about how to be a successful recruiter. How many of you end your day by writing down the top 6 things “closest to the money” that you will do tomorrow?
Alan Beaulieu (www.itreconomics.com) gave the most entertaining economic forecast I have ever heard (he also owns the second place spot in my book from the Executive Forum conference a couple years back). On top of being an interesting speaker, Alan has a 96% accuracy rate predicting business cycles.
Until the next conference!
If you are using or considering video as a staffing or recruiting company, Vipe is offering a free benchmarking report to help you set & manage expectations. We analyzed a sampling of 25K videos to see how usage trends have changed over the past 3 years – and some results were surprising!
For example, did you know that if you remotely invited a candidate to record videos on their own, you could expect a 2.5 day turnaround in 2009, but in 2011 the average response time is less than 6.5 hours?!
- Video type (marketing videos vs. candidate videos)
- Video source (uploaded files vs. webcam recordings)
- Candidate video lengths
- Number of video interview questions asked
- Remote invite response time rate of candidate videos
- Remote invite completion percentage for candidate videos
- Reddit + Video: A Comprehensive Guide for Video Marketers September 17, 2014Reddit has the ability to send a significant amount of traffic to your YouTube Channel or website, even if you never make it to the 'Front Page'. But it can be a dangerous place for inexperienced video marketers so read our tips for reaching your target audience without being downvoted to oblivion.Carla Marshall
- YouTube Keyword Research Tips for Video SEO [#TubeTalk #41] September 17, 2014What are some good YouTube keyword suggestion websites? Where can you use YouTube keywords? How can you find good keyword tips using your own YouTube Analytics? We answer these questions and more this week on ReelSEO's TubeTalk, the best podcast for YouTube Video Marketing Tips.Dane Golden
- 50% of Video Views Will Be Via Mobile in 2016 [Research] September 16, 201427% of consumers are already watching online video via their mobile device, but that figure is set to double in 2016, when around 50% of us will regularly turn to our smartphones and tablets to watch the clips we want to. And, according to new research, the bigger the mobile screen the better when it comes to long-form video viewing.Carla Marshall
- Correct Vertical YouTube Videos With This Nifty 2 Second Trick September 16, 2014Although it would be super-cool if everyone that filmed video on their mobile devices shot the footage in landscape, that's not always realistic. However, you can be pro-active and use one of the little tricks that the Internet offers to make the viewing experience more bearable. By taking a couple of seconds to install the following bookmarklet, you ca […]Carla Marshall
- Video Ads Land on Flipboard and They Won't Auto-play September 15, 2014Hot on the heels of Spotify, another mega-site is embracing video advertising via its mobile app. This time it's Flipboard, the content curation social platform with 100 million active users. And, unlike Facebook, the video ads won't auto-play so the user will have the option whether to view them or not.Carla Marshall
- James Franco Hits AOL Originals by ‘Making a Scene' September 15, 2014Actor and polymath James Franco has dabbled in producing a web series before, but he's about to make his AOL Original debut with 'Making a Scene'. The innovative 10-episode comedy, which showcases Franco’s recreation of cinema’s most iconic moments, lands on AOL this Wednesday.Greg Jarboe
- Four Video Ads that Define the Scottish Independence Referendum September 15, 2014With the vote for an independent Scotland just days away, both camps have taken to the internet to argue their case. As we have come to expect in the modern age, video advertising is playing a huge part in conveying each side's respective message to Scottish voters, who are being asked to answer either Yes or No to the question: “Should Scotland be an i […]Greg Jarboe
- It's Earned Media That's Driving Brand Awareness for Uber on YouTube September 11, 2014The sharing economy has arrived in a very big way, and right now, Uber is the most visible name in the car sharing market. But to what degree is Uber in charge of its own message on YouTube? Well, it turns out that like many brands on YouTube and social media, Uber the company is one of many voices in the conversation. The company's own YouTube channel […]Contributor
- 2 YouTube Analytics Reports You Should Check Every Week [Creator's Tip #159] September 11, 2014In this week's Creator's Tip, we show you two of the most important reports in your YouTube Analytics. Studying the stats and information from these reports should give you enough rich data to create more compelling and engaging video content for your channel.Carla Marshall
- Videos Are Coming to the App Store: Tips for Marketers and Developers September 11, 2014With more than 1.2 million iOS apps now available in the App Store, many developers struggle to stand out from the crowd. Many have used video to build awareness for their app outside the App Store, but to woo potential users inside the store, their medium has been text and images only. Apple is changing all that with the launch of iOS 8. From September 17th […]Contributor